The beanie is a practical, warm and very appreciated accessory because of its shape and the place it covers but also greatly appreciated for its material. It can be made of cotton, wool (alpaca, merino, mohair), fleece or a mixture of different fabrics. The material is a very important factor in choosing your hat and is important for the experience that can offer you! If you have an itchy women's hot hat or a rough and uncomfortable women's hot hat you are not going to wear it, at the expense of your comfort. It is then necessary to choose the softest and warmest woman's hot hat, two very important factors! And depending on the use you want to make the hat can be classy or more in a sporty style. The warmest and softest material we can advise you is alpaca wool! It will be the ideal material for a warm and trendy woman's beanie. They are often in a thick wool and have fantastic thermal properties, really worth testing! In addition to being an ideal wool to knit a warm beanie for women, alpaca wool has many benefits due to its unique and unmatched properties.
As its name suggests, alpaca wool is derived from the animal "alpaca". This animal of the camelid family is a sensitive, intelligent and endearing being. Native of South America, and more precisely of Peru, the alpaca has lived in herds in these regions for years. It is a wild animal but also a being that has been domesticated, to carry loads during long trips or for its shearing. Nowadays there are also alpaca farms so that the public can come and see these nice animals and their way of life. These farms reproduce the living environment of the alpacas and some of them harvest their wool once a year, allowing them to collect about 3kg of wool per alpaca. But why is the harvest of this wool so important? Simply because alpaca wool is nicknamed the wool of the gods and this is not a myth but a reality.
Its strong points are numerous and here are some of them:
- Wool 7 times more insulating than sheep's wool: allows you to wear a thinner, less thick, light but equally insulating hat.
- Exceptional thermoregulatory properties: the alpaca is an animal that must resist to very irregular temperatures. The greatest variations are often -25 degrees to 30 degrees from day to night in some countries where they live. These changes in temperature give it an extraordinary wool that allows us to never be too cold or too hot.
- It is the only wool that does not pilling: even after several washings, your warm hat will be like the first one.
- It is a wool that does not retain odors or dust, which is very pleasant when wearing a garment.
- It is a hypoallergenic material! It does not cause any allergy even to the most sensitive people!
- Wool is 100% natural and generally undyed (22 natural colors).
Alpaca wool is also a durable wool and a good investment but only if you take care of it! The maintenance of your warm hat is very important because the material (wool) is fragile despite its great resistance and quality. It is therefore essential for you to follow our care tips! Alpaca wool is not suitable for the washing machine, you must wash your clothes by hand, with warm water and a soft shampoo made for fragile materials. You can also opt for dry cleaning, it is also effective.
Then, you have to treat your clothes gently, for example you can put gloves to avoid damaging your clothes with your fingernails for example. You should also not wring out or twist your clothes after washing. You can press lightly on the garment to remove excess water. You should definitely not use a dryer, as it could significantly reduce the size of your garment and ruin it! So, air dry your women's hot hat in a natural way. You can perhaps place the cloth on a towel to absorb the excess water, this technique will prevent the fibers from stretching. Finally, you should not iron your alpaca wool clothes because it is known not to wrinkle (yes, another benefit!). If ever the garment wrinkles, place the cloth between the iron (set at low temperature) and the garment. Your warm hat will be a long term investment that you will not regret.